Friday 6 May 2011

Creative Writing.... Yeah Right!

So when I was in school, my English Teacher said of me "She has a natural flair and unique talent for creative writing. Watch this space, she will become a famous author someday".

Well somewhere along the line, I must have lost this "flair" and "talent". It's probably somewhere in the depths along with my capability of getting a full nights sleep, my ability to stop a little bit of pee coming out when I laugh, my lack of time to even go to the toilet in peace and my ability to talk about anything other than babies, children, motherhood, housework, babies, children, nappies, babies and children! Thanks to Lexi these are but a few of my attributes I seem to have somehow misplaced in the last 21 months!

Don't get me wrong; for somebody who was defiantly adamant that, having been the eldest of three, I never wanted to have children; I have taken to motherhood like the proverbial Duck to Water. I love every single second I spend with her, I love being a stay at home mum and I love the feeling of absolute and unconditional love that I have for her (which I was so worried I would not be capable of) and which she devotedly gives me in return. I do however sympathise, perhaps more than I would like, with my own Mum and have a newfound understanding for many of her frustrations over the years. As she rightly points out, I am now 25 and she never stops worrying and wanting to protect and nurture me. And as I'm sure we can all say: I have turned into my mother! I hear myself speaking and actioning things and realise that I am her! Not that that's a bad thing, it's just..... Odd! As I so vehemently tell my husband "I am nothing like my Mum" whilst pondering this fact and coming to the absolute realisation that I am not only just like my Mum, but I am proud that I am like my Mum and couldn't wish for a better maternal role model!

So, in my quest to rediscover my "natural flair" and "unique talent" I have started this blog....

It may well be an interesting journey so I hope you all enjoy reading it, sharing in my everyday life, frustrations, tears of laugher and joy and moments of utter madness and despair. I really hope you will all get involved and embark on this journey of rediscovery with me! I am primarily a Mummy, but I am also so much more than that and it's time for me to find out what! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment